Custer Family Planning
Address: 701 E Rosser Ave, Bismarck
Phone: 701-255-3535 / toll free 1-866-224-3535
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Housed within the UND Center for Family Medicine, Custer Family Planning has been providing Title X family planning services since 1993. Throughout the years, many men and women have been assisted with their family planning health needs. We provide the education that helps people be reproductively healthy. We encourage people to seek loving, stable relationships; we counsel adolescents to delay sexual activity; and we encourage people to always use contraception until they are ready to be responsible parents.
Family Planning - a Public Health Achievement
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cited family planning as one the 10 great public health achievements of the 20th Century: “Smaller Families and longer birth intervals have contributed to the better health of infants, children, and women, and have improved the social and economic role of women.”
Who can use services at Custer Family Planning?
Family Planning services are available regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual preference, disability or ability to pay.
What services are available at Custer Family Planning?
All services are strictly confidential.
- Pregnancy testing
- Medical exams
- Breast and testicular exam ( including how to do self-exams)
- Pelvic exam and Pap test (to screen for STDs or cervical cancer)
- Testing and treatment for sexual transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Health education and counseling
- Information and advice to meet your health needs
- Basic infertility information
- To help couples who want to have children
- Follow-up and referral
- Depending on your medical needs
- Contraceptive services and education
What is the cost for services at Custer Family planning?
Clients are charged for services according to their household income and family size. Private pay, insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and donations are accepted.